New Lawn Care
Shade-over (seed mix) lawn grass
Berea (LM) lawn grass
NEW LAWN CARE
- For the first four weeks, keep the planted areas well watered, early mornings with a fine sprinkler.
- Chemical or organic fertilizer must be added to boost the growth, but care should be taken not to burn the new grass.
- Water well before and after application.
- Traffic over planted areas should be kept to a minimum during the establishment period (1 month).
- Weed the lawn regularly. Avoid using chemical weed killers.
- Once the roots have become established, the lawn can be levelled with a light top dressing of soil. (use sand/compost mix for
clay soils and light loam compost mix for sandy soils).
- Do no smother the lawn with top dressing. Blades of grass should stick out above the lawn dressing after application.
- To prevent fungus infection, avoid watering after 2 pm.
- Ensure that all the grass cuttings are collected after mowing.
- Avoid over compaction and aerate lawn from time to time by spiking same with a garden fork.
AVOID CUTTING GRASS TOO LOW. IF IN SHADE DO NOT CUT THE GRASS AT ALL OR VERY SELDOM.